Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Lotto To-Do Secrets


Started early this morning. It's 5:30 a.m. and I've got a bunch of things to do. But life is pretty easy, really. Because most of it is structured.

So I thought I'd let you into my organizational secret... how I manage my daily to-do list, and how it will help you work your own way through this giant hubbub of information we call the internet.

Now, let's say you wanted to read this lotto blog each day. But sometimes you forget. Maybe you haven't signed up to get an email reminder from that box on the top right-hand side. Or maybe your ISP blocks my emails to you.

Add to the fact that the name is not that easy to type in: - http://honest-lotto.blogspot.com/

So you should do what I do. Bookmark it.

But Ken, you say - I do that anyway.

Aha. Yes. But you can refine bookmarking this way so your whole life becomes easier.

You can do it to:

  • - check your lotto results daily
  • - visit your favorite lotto blogs (like this one)
  • - remind you to take action by seeing a particular website each day. Then you can remove it when you're done.
Here's how:

1. Go to "Bookmarks" in your browser menu and set up a new category. Call it -Daily. Note the hyphen in front of the name... this is important because doing this puts the category at the top of your bookmark list.

2. Now click on "Bookmark This Page" (or something similar in your browser), and add this Lotto Life blog under -Daily.

3. Repeat for every other web site you want to keep an eye on each day.

4. Now open all your -Daily websites together. In Firefox it will be "Open In Tabs." In Opera (my browser of choice) it's there as "Open All Folder Items." Haven't seen a similar system for Internet Explorer, so you might have to open each website separately.

I have about 50 sites that I need to look at, and this includes most of my own lotto sites, including the Silver Lotto System. I do this to check to see whether they're all working. There are programs that will do this for you, but I find it easier to manually check this way.

They take about a minute to all open fully. Because I have a triple screen setup, I can do something else on another screen while I'm waiting. You might have to make a cup of coffee!

So, what you are doing is compiling your favorite websites under one category. And because that category sits at the top of your bookmark list, it's easy to get find.

Now you have to remember to look at it daily, and that's another story. :-)

Spread the word...click the envelope below to tell a friend about this blog!
Subscribe to my free Lotto-Tips newsletter