Friday, April 06, 2007

Do You Look Like A Lotto Winner?

My wife was outraged. I had been pointing to photographs of criminals and suspects in one of our national newspapers.

"Look at this," I said, "they all have the same grim look about them. I bet you could distinguish a crim from an honest bystander just by looking at their photos."

Then, to shock her further, I went on to say... "We should gather up all the people that look like criminals and put them in jail immediately - even if they haven't done anything yet. That will solve crime before it happens!"

Of course I was kidding. But there is a modicum of truth in that theory about people matching their lifestyles.

Here's what I mean...

A while back, in one of our monthly telephone conversations, my son remarked to me, "You know Dad, I think I've got the measure of you."
I was interested. He's a bright boy - oops - I mean man.

"I was dealing with a bunch of journalists last week," he continued, "and I was really surprised... they all had your mannerisms. They acted like you, they talked like you."

He finally understood - after almost 40 years of being my son - where I fitted in life. I have been writing, and involved in newspapers, for much of my adult life. That's my calling I guess.

It was my turn not to be surprised. Because I knew there is also a strong correlation between what you look like and what you do. Could you imagine President George Bush as a rock star? Could you imagine rock star Sting as an accountant?

Does your local plumber look like a plumber? I bet he does. The match is absolute.

So what does a lotto winner look like?

I can tell you right away, they are all different. There's no way you can put a bunch of lotto winners together in a lineup and find any similarities. They're all quite dissimilar.

That's the joy of playing lotto. You're not obligated to look like a lotto player before you buy the tickets.

But there is one thing that distinguishes the lotto winner... can you guess what it is?

Yep, the look of complete satisfaction and happiness on their faces. I'm told this condition lasts for up to two years after a major win. What a buzz!

So, who do you look like?

Spread the word...click the envelope below to tell a friend about this blog!
Subscribe to my free Lotto-Tips newsletter