Friday, April 13, 2007

Can Robots Help You Win Lotto?

Can they?

Oh, robots can weld and assemble a car. They can move and avoid shapes on a flat floor. Some of them can even recognize you and give a metallic greeting.

But robots can't:

  • - win chess games 100% of the time
  • - climb up stairs (still!)
  • - perform simple functions like opening a door, walking into a room and turn your computer on
  • - create astounding works of art
  • - perform surgery without assistance
  • - help you win lotto
In fact, what you and I have read in science fiction about the future is no more reality than it was 50 years ago.
Take an example... I attended the Wired NextFest event in Chicago a couple of years back, and saw many robots on show. Sadly not one of them could do anything better than walk a few steps, crudely. Yet millions of dollars and years of experience from vastly intelligent people have been input to these projects.
We've got nothing better than a cute, shiny moving box that sometimes talks.

Now, I believe the current thinking is that eventually all our current technology will start to snowball, and within a few years robots will be doing astounding things.

Well, I have to ask you, what about the internet? It's a kind of robot. But with very few exceptions, people are doing the same things on the net as they were 10 years ago when I first started. In fact, I'm doing very much the same now as I was a decade ago, and succeeding where most people fail.

The pace of change has been tortise-like. Everything we're doing now is just an extension of the simple magnets, resistors and wires that I was experimenting with 50 years ago. Just a little bit more advanced.

Of course I'm generalizing... that have been many advances - but none dramatic like the 21st century flying cars and teleportation systems imagined a few decades ago.

And this brings me to lotto. With all the computing power in the world, no-one yet - except for me - has come up with a workable system that even approaches getting a winning system working.

This is no idle boast... I've yet to see any system work as effectively as the Silver lotto System with up to 98% success rate.

And I did it all myself, without the aid of robots. What does that tell you?

Spread the word...click the envelope below to tell a friend about this blog!
Subscribe to my free lotto-Tips newsletter