Saturday, March 03, 2007

This Item Will Accelerate Your Goals

In the last post I talked about how keeping $500 in your wallet, in order to feel rich, is not a good idea.

  • - It tends to devalue.
  • - It's not that secure.
  • - You tend to spend the money when you least want to.
You need another item that you can carry on you... something that is useful, and motivates you to act on your goal.

The answer is a wrist watch. Good for both men and woman, it's something you look at frequently, stays with you day and night, looks good (if you've chosen well), and is useful by telling you the time. And an expensive watch also marks you out as unique, in the same way that driving an unusual car does.

But not any kind of watch... it needs to be:
  1. Genuine, not a replica or fake.
  2. Expensive. A timepiece that takes you out of your comfort zone financially.
  3. Good quality.
What would you choose? Let's be realistic. You or I probably couldn't afford a Rolex, Patek Phillipe or even a Gucci. But you could buy a men's Tag Heuer.

I own an Omega Constellation... that's mine in the picture (taken against the screen with my last post showing,. And yes, it was around midnight a few minutes ago when I took the photo). It cost around NZ$2500 (US$1800). I realize you may not have that kind of money, so be flexible in your choice and don't use this price is a benchmark... set your own limits.

What's the payoff?
Simply this... every time you look at your watch, you link it to your main goal. For example, if you want to win a sizable lotto prize this year, you need to be reminded of the rewards you'll get by investing every week. Your watch will act as a spur, a powerful reminder for this action. Because, as you already know from my earlier posts, action is the key to results.

Every time you glance at it, note the shape, style, brand and quality. You'll be reminded of your goal in a powerful way. I bought my Omega long before I could afford it. But the visual stimulation was a strong confirmation of the goals I held at the time.

Remarkably I have achieved each one of these goals since then.

spread the word...click the envelope to tell 1 other person about this blog!