Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Here's A Cure For Boredom

I was in my local supermarket this morning, and I noticed the checkout woman looked a bit depressed. "What's the problem," I asked, as she loaded up the shopping bags for me.

"Boredom," she rolled her eyes.

I suggested she undercharge the next few customers and get a kick out of seeing how excited they were when their groceries only cost a fraction of what they expected. We both laughed over that inane suggestion, but as I left it made me think.

I very rarely get bored. To me, boredom comes from a limited mindset.

A bored person is actually saying they have no control over their circumstances, or no way to improve it.

One of the ways to banish boredom is to have something to look forward to. When you anticipate the freedom of a weekend away, or an event like a birthday or family gathering, this makes the future brighter.


Don't neglect to include the week's Lotto game either. You'll be surprised at how excited I get as Saturday rolls around. There is no greater feeling of anticipation than waiting for your numbers to pop out.

And of course, because my winning odds are so high, I walk away with prizes in every game.

On Monday this week, I watched as all my tickets were checked through the Lotto till machine - no wins - until I could see just one left in the guy's hand. Then, bingo! That was a prize winner.


It's little things like this which add fun to your life - and reduce any boredom.

spread the word...click the envelope to tell 1 other person about this blog!
discuss this topic on the lotto blog forum