Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ghostwriting Ethics

I'm feeling a little uneasy about the blog 'written' by James Brausch. Because a few posts ago he made a startling announcement.

He admitted that many of his posts were ghostwritten by interns, and not himself personally.

Now, I don't know about you, but this makes me very uncomfortable. Not only are his posts signed off by him - which leads you to believe that he's written them - but it now makes me wonder whether I'm getting top quality, accurate information.

Sure, presidents have their speeches written for an event by specialized writers... as do company leaders and dignitaries. But there is a difference between imparting useful information from a valuable source, and political rhetoric.

I enjoy James's blog a lot. He is an interesting and colorful character with a magnificent grasp of reality, and he produces innovative, profitable ideas. I own a couple of his software products and even promote another.

I think the outsourcing concept is essential for a growing business. But not as a pretender in the owner's voice.

Now I'm not so sure whether I can fully trust any of his statements. I'd really like to see his personal posts tagged somehow to verify ownership. It would give me confidence again.

(You can be reassured that every post and newsletter I put out here is the real ME).

Spread the word...click the envelope below to tell a friend about this blog!
Enjoyed this post?...subscribe to my free Lotto-Tips newsletter