Monday, September 22, 2008

The Voice Of Reason (Don't Listen To It!)







If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know I have some unconventional viewpoints.

In other words, I'm a little crazy :)

But you wouldn't know. I don't wear a bandana, or sport a handlebar mustache, or go round in bare feet.

You wouldn't think I was mentally different to anyone else if you saw me on a street corner.

But under the surface I'm a little bit wacko, a bit left of center. Otherwise why would I be making my fortune selling a lottery system instead of rightfully continuing as a scientist, doctor or lawyer?

One of my long-held beliefs is to aim high for whatever you want. You know the old story - shoot for the moon and even if you miss, you get a few hundred yards further than you expected.

But the secret is to make the goal fit YOU... not what your parents wanted of you, not what the media says you should follow.

My goals aren't the ordinary ones like a sensible mid-range 4-door sedan that I'll keep forever. Or a comfortable retirement in a modest 3 bed home in the burbs.

My aim has always been to break out of the ordinary.

So, I have a large 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath contemporary home on four levels - just for the two of us. It is an architectural design I've not seen anywhere else in the world. Giant 16 ft windows fully cover BOTH sides of our huge 40 ft living area. The view over our harbor is spectacular. My office is the size of a small lounge. (In fact it was the second downstairs lounge which I swiftly grabbed off my wife when we bought 3 years ago).

I own a year-old Lexus hybrid sedan - the flagship model... only 2,000 are made each year - two Mercedes sports cars, and a 4x4 run-around.

What's this got to do with you? ... "Have you finished boasting Ken?" I can hear you saying.

Yes, I'm telling you about my successes because I want to you to realize that if you don't set your goals and ambitions high like me, first - you'll never climb out of the rut you're in now.

And you'll never win lotto, because doing that takes more than luck.

To achieve your goals, like me, you need different qualities than the rest of the also-rans.

You need real persistence coupled with a strong focus.

You need the kind of determination and constant enthusiasm that keeps you plugging along through the bad times. And we've all had rough patches in our lives... mine have probably been worse than yours, believe me. I won't tell you about them - because thinking of them even now, years later, makes my eyes water.

The difference has been how you react and pick yourself up again. That is key.

And unless you have a strong aim and a constant ambition, you'll get nowhere fast.

To do this you have to stop listening to reason.

You need a little craziness. Because all around you'll hear the calm, reassuring voices of reason:

- Get a good education.
- Find a good job and stick to it.
- A medium price gas-saving car is the best.
- You don't need a large house, that's wasteful.
- The government knows best, just do as they say.

These paragons of virtue will knock any enterprise out of you in a New York minute.

There have been times when I haven't been brave enough to step out. For example, at a seminar I attended a while back, the attendees were prevented from parking near the stadium because of a Saturday car fair situated between them and the gate.

Like everyone else at the seminar, I dutifully parked half a mile away and walked the distance.

Yet my 'class mate' parked right outside the stadium door. When I asked him how he did it, he said that he simply explained to the car fair gatekeeper where he needed to go, and he was let through.

We have many people who influence us in our lives. Most of them are there to prevent us doing what we want. Their voices of reason turn us into mild-mannered, meek acceptors of our fate.

If you want to win at lotto, you need to disregard these.

You need to aim high, focus, and persist.

And above all, don't listen to the voices of reason. They will drag you down to their level of mediocrity.

(Yes, ignore all other voices ... except mine when I tell you to buy my system :) http://www.silverlotto.com)

Subscribe to my free Lotto-Tips newsletter