Saturday, June 04, 2011

They Stole My Flying Machine Idea!

[blogphotoKenSilver.JPG]

Do you know what planking is?

Do this...

Lie face down in an unusual spot, rigid, with your legs straight and your arms at your sides.

Get someone to take a photo of you and post it on Twitter or Facebook.

This craze has become so popular that last week our Prime Minister did a vertical plank in his living room behind his son who was planking on their sofa top.

When adults gets involved, you can be sure this craze will run out of steam quick!

(No, you don't have to plank to win lotto - I'm getting to that!)

The thing is, a guy in my hometown claims he was the first person to invent planking.

And he has proof of it - a date-stamped photo taken back in 2006. 

There are other contenders, but they can't come up with the hard facts.

Here's another interesting point about original ideas...

Have you heard about the Martin Jetpack, also invented in our country and taking the aviation field by storm?

I invented it first!

OK, I'll be more specific...

As a 12-year-old back in 1960 I was intensely interested in flying.

I designed and started building a glider that you carried on your shoulders and ran down a hill to launch.

Thankfully - knowing what I do now about aerodynamics - it didn't get finished.

I would have been seriously hurt.

But in my quest to get off the ground in any apparatus I developed, on paper, a flying pack that consistes of two ducted fans that moved independently with long levers. 

The motor sat in between the fiberglass tunnels.

You adjusted your height with the throttle.

Again, you strapped it on your back.

In my mind it was the perfect answer... safe, stable, balanced, efficient. And fun.

But of course, it wasn't long before my geeky interest in flying was swapped for an interest in girls, and it never saw the light of day.

Now, I can't prove that I invented this 'jetpack' first.

And I certainly didn't have the resources and stunning persistance of the Martin project to develop it. 

I was just a kid with dreams.

Back then I could have been one of thousands of others around the world who had this identical vision.

There does seem to be a 'universal blink' where a new idea gets a Eureka moment by many people all at the same time.

But when it came to inventing my lottery system 20 years ago, I made sure I could be acknowledged as the real originator.

Because when I started selling it by direct mail back around 1991, I put weekly ads in one of our national newspapers for several years.

That's why you can go to the offices of the Sunday News here, and look on page 5 or 7 in most issues to see my matchbox-size ad.

Back then I called it the Honest Lotto System, but my name and still-current post office address is right there on the ad.

So if you see others touting my system and claiming it was theirs, and that they invented it before me (like the Formula 1 system), simply laugh at their ridiculous claims and move on. 

Or if you bought a similar system, claim a refund and complain to Clickbank.

Nothing worse than piracy in my mind.

Oh, and did I tell you, back in my younger days I also invented spring-loaded shoes that could allow you to jump over fences and small bushes?

Yup, someone else did that too.

The world has changed a lot since those days, but one thing is sure...

My Silver Lotto System keeps on winning for thousands of players in most games around the world.

And it's been proven and authenticated in more ways than one:

---
"WINNER -
$3.2 MILLION!"

Dear KEN,
...Last Saturday i was one of the lucky winners - 
we shared the big jack (pot) ... 6 provisional 
winners of $537396.59 each (Total $3,224,379.00) 
Regards
Maher M.**
qal*****@hotmail.com

---

PS. I rekindled my interest in flying many years later, piloting gliders and helicopters. Who says childhood dreams don't come true!








Happy Winning!
Ken Silver