Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Cut Up My Gold Visa Card






That's right. Today I cut up my gold Visa card.

It was topped up, ready to spend. It had the full amount of credit available for me to lavish on Xmas presents, boy's toys and the like.

Before you call me crazy, let me tell you why I did this.

Because Visa offered me an upgrade called the Platinum Card.

And I took it.

It's fairly ordinary-looking card, nothing fancy. There it is in the photo, against my blog post on one of my screens.

Gives me the same kind of stuff... free travel insurance, 55 days pay-up period, that kind of thing. 

But there's a couple of drawbacks. 

I don't feel special any longer. With a gold card, people automatically know that gold is a color that marks you as a special kinda person, (maybe a little shallow even. Sometimes all it means is that it came with your hefty mortgage - that takes the shine off a little :)

The Platinum Visa is a *nothing* color. 

The only way people know the Platinum is special is when I put it in the bottom slot of the card reader instead of getting it swiped. 

And there's another drawback.

It takes forever to read.

In the supermarket I put the card into the reader, push it tight, and stand for up to 15 seconds while the special chip inside wakes up and starts brushing its teeth.

That's not all. 

I often have to fight off the shop assistants who think I've made a mistake, and they'll try and pull it out to swipe.

When that scuffle's over, I wait until the card reader tells me I can remove it. And the line behind me gets bigger. I'm a little embarrassed by holding folk up from their daily business.

This card is a pain.

So despite liking platinum (and remember, with a name like Silver I'm rather partial to precious metals), this card is a PITA. Yup, pain in the butt.

But I still use it. Why?

Because it gives me more than my Gold Visa:
  • - A concierge service anywhere in the world.
  • - A higher travel insurance amount and extended claim time.
  • - A lower penalty interest rate.
In fact, you might say it's like the difference between my Silver Lotto System, and the PRO System.

The PRO System takes longer to set up (though you only do it once)... just like waiting for the card reader to recognize my new Visa.

And there's a bit more figurework with the PRO...just like putting the Visa in the different slot.


But there is a HUGE difference in results.

The PRO System shoots my winning figure to 98%. It's only 80.3% with the standard Silver Lotto System.

In fact, I have NEVER walked away from a game using the PRO System without some prize money bulging out of my wallet.  

The truth is that the PRO is a marvelous prize winner for me and many others.

So if you can take the step up from the Silver Lotto System to PRO - like Gold to Platinum - the extra effort is well worth it:

---
Ken,
I won $100,000 using your Silver 
Lotto System and the clever 
Lotto-80 system (PRO). Its been 
the biggest amount I've won since 
I bought your systems...

F.B. (fio********@yahoo.com)
---
Hi Ken,
I bought your system about two years 
ago,and I have been a constant winner 
since.To date I have won $33,675.00!
My last win was this past Wednesday
when I knocked off another $1,370.00! 
J.M.R.
(name and email supplied)
---


The next step up from Visa Platinum is the Amex Black Card. 

Then I cut up my Platinum.

But here's where the similarity ends... you don't need to trash the Silver Lotto System. You'll need it for the PRO System. 

See the website for more details: http://www.silverlottopro.com








Happy Winning!
Ken Silver




>>  Take the free Quiz - could YOU be the next Lotto Millionaire?
>> Subscribe to my free Lotto-Tips newsletter
>> Send this post  to a friend