Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My "Wasted" Years Teaching IM. Do I Regret It?

IM, in case you didn't know, stands for internet marketing.

I've been actively marketing on the internet since 1996, and have a list of successes as long as my arm... all gained through unique marketing strategies that I still use today.

A decade back I tried to educate others by showing them how I succeeded, selling my success system through several books I wrote... How To Make $100,000 A Year for example. While my sales were often spectacular, the end results were not. Very few people were able to see the benefits of following my different practices.

Even today, I'm doing the same things that brought me that spectacular success, but very few people are emulating me. I still don't know why, and I've long since given up trying to influence the 99% of marketing losers out there.


So after a few years I decided to concentrate on a subject that seemed to have a mind and profit of its own. No matter how little I did to promote it, sales continued to be consistent and growing. I was obviously stupid to ignore it for so long.

That subject was my lotto system.

Yet it still took me a few more years before I finally acknowledged that my life direction was headed towards a controversial subject that very few had succeeded in. Even today, there are very few lotto systems which give such a consistent result as mine. As a result I have pretty much cornered the market.

So once I gave up trying to sell my internet marketing systems and programs against the flow, life became a lot more easier. With my lotto system I was now "in the flow." My life's purpose was consistent with my beliefs.

There was only one way to go, and that was up.

If you are not succeeding with what you're doing now in life, look for an interest or passion that keeps on reappearing. Oftentimes that will be the signal for success, for you.

So here I am today, doing the very stuff that intrigues me. Even if I wasn't paid, I'd still be churning out informative blog posts and newsletter items. I enjoy it that much.

But of course nothing succeeds without an accepting audience, and I consider myself fortunate to be able to touch the lives of many tens of thousands of people. I hope one of those will be you.