Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Banned Blogger Rides Again!

Four days ago Blogger (as Google, the host of this blog) sent me an automated email saying they had been given indications through my writing style that my blog was spam.

Sheesh! Ignorant spambots. Just because I write enthusiastically about lotto!

So they banned me from writing further until they could review it personally and give me a go/no-go. If the result was negative, all my posts simce 2005 would be removed. That's a lot of posts.

Fortunately I have backups, but I didn't fancy doing them all again through some other blog program like Wordpress or Typepad.

So I crossed my fingers.

And just a few minutes ago I had the all-clear from Blogger. Whew!

It's interesting to me that by using Blogger I am violating all my self-imposed rules by not having full control over everything I do. Call me dumb.

But the convenience of this blogging program overrides that concern, so I'll continue until they mess with me again. Then I'll review my action again. Until then, happy reading!

Ken Silver
The Banned Blogger!