Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Is Your Own Business Better Than Winning Lotto?

The failure rate of offline businesses is very high. There are many studies and figures to prove this, the most common being that 90% of all businesses fail within the first two years.

I don't know whether that's correct or not - there are many reasons why businesses don't continue beyond the second year. Maybe it's because they are required to pay their first company tax at that point, and the owners may not have put enough money away. Or they've been successful and decided to sell the business.

So there are many reasons why these figures may not prove to be correct.

As the owner of a couple of community newspapers quite a few years ago, I had a close and personal link to most businesses in my area. And I'll tell you this... out of 500 businesses, very few were making money. Most were operating large overdrafts in order to pay their staff, or existing because one spouse was working in a full-time job.

My cautionary advice is to forget about any businesses that require a large investment. You can buy or start a business for $20,000 and up, and still not be guaranteed a regular income. Often it's a lot of work for very little income.

I've seen it, and experienced myself. The first five to seven years of my newspaper businesses were spent in barely covering our costs. I worked long and hard selling advertising, doing layout and all the other tasks involved in running a newspaper before I could gradually bring staff on board. That eased my personal burden, but didn't increase the profits very much.


The exception to all of this is an internet business. If you have a solo web-based business that sells digital products, you have virtually no costs. Almost everything is profit. It is very, very hard to go wrong. I'm about to offer a stake in my lotto business that I think will be hugely profitable for some people, and I would only do this because of the huge potential that exists.

(Make sure you are subscribed to my newsletter to find out when I launch it).

But if you don't want to take advantage of that, what's the next possibility?

I personally think it's easier to win consistently at lotto with my Silver Lotto System than it is to run a business successfully. That's a strange statement to make, but consider this:

- You don't have years of 24/7 hard work with very little return.
- You risk very little in time or money.
- There are no large capital sums involved.
- Everything is taken step by step, and if you run out of money you simply stop for a while.
- No accounting or financial problems.
- Huge return on capital invested. If you win $10 million and only outlay $5,000 to get it, how good is that?

The question is - can you make regular money from playing lotto? The answer is obviously no - it is a risk based business with indefinite returns. But I think the possibility of winning with a good lotto system is far higher than an inexperienced business owner outlaying thousands of dollars for a tiny return.

I'm able to say this because of the high proportion of winners using my system. That is proof that regular playing using the proper system will bring results.

What do you think?

spread the word...click the envelope to tell 1 other person about this blog!