Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crazy Lottery Millionaire Seen Sweeping Gutters






I was out this morning sweeping our street.

Yes - that's me in the heading of this post.

And so I guess you're asking: Why do I sweep the street's gutters when I could easily afford to have someone do it for me?

Let me answer that ...

I own a considerable portion of our street.

Our home is contained in the middle of a sharp hairpin section of the road.

And our double street frontage means I'm responsible for a lot of road.

I imagine your next question will accuse me of being crazy doing all this work when I could be traveling the world or attending red carpet events. 

That's what my gardener probably wonders as I pay him - then do part of his job.

Well, I'm actually quite sensible about this.

Because I get my weekly exercise this way.

And here's why I prefer sweeping to being a fitness freak who sweats for an hour in some stuffy gym with no view...

First, sweeping keeps me fit.

No question about that - 20 minute's sweeping exercises everything I've got.

(My shoulders ache right now, so I'm going to make this article short!)

Second, I get considerable satisfaction when I finish, enjoying my handiwork and how the street looks afterward.

I like keeping things pristine.

Thirdly, I get to meet the neighbors more often.

A lot of them drive past and stop, and I get to say hi and maybe chat for a few minutes.

And because I'm involved in my neighborhood at a grassroots level - I stay 'real'... not shuttered off and surrounded by staff.

I tell you this because when you come into a fortune, your life will change dramatically.

Anything is possible.. the options are limitless.

And so you'll need to stay grounded.

Research and history tells us that nearly every major lottery winner will make these lifestyle changes after a win:

- They will chuck in their day job, thereby isolating themselves from their workmates and friends.
- They will buy houses and cars for relatives, thereby setting themselves up as Good Samaritans for life - until the money runs out.
- They will upgrade their own car and home. And if they do it on a big scale, they will drive away their friends who will gradually be replaced with $-grabbing parasites and begging acquaintances.

This won't happen to everyone, but if you're not prepared it can be very disrupting.

The answer is not to stop your purchases... they can bring a lot of satisfaction to you and the others you choose to involve.

So keep buying, but stay real... integrate in the world you know, and try not to step too far from it.

Do you know the singlemost important step you MUST take when you win any large sum?

Write your name on the back of the winning ticket... maybe even including your driver's license number if you want to be doubly secure.

This will guarantee ownership and solve a lot of problems that may arise when you claim your jackpot.

OK, I'm off to wash one of my cars... but that's another story!








Make Every Play Day a PAY Day!
Ken Silver