Monday, March 23, 2009

Follow Your Heart






I'm a regular reader of this blog: http://www.thesimpledollar.com 

Some of the information in it is well worth reading. (But read it later - I have something important to share with you right now)...

But, problem is - I don't agree with many of his opinions.

He possesses a penny-pinching mindset, and as you know from my past newsletters, I believe that leads to a poverty mentality.

For example, yesterday's post was about buying a Toyota Prius for his family. 

If you didn't know, a Prius is the dinky little Japanese hybrid car that sells like hot cakes in today's green climate. Maybe you've seen Seinfeld creator Larry David drive one in his show "Curb Your Enthusiasm." 

A few years back I drove one of the first Priuses built. It was fun.

To justify the purchase, the author carefully totted up all the details and rationalizations for his decision. He ran the numbers carefully and made a carefully optimized decision.

No doubt this purchase will be a great asset to his family.

But the way it was done left me cold.

You see, sometimes an intelligent purchase appears to be a thinking process. Most folk make a list of the pro's and con's, get market reviews, figure their budget.

But in the case of a car, often the best buying decision is an emotional one. 

Let me explain...

I have a hybrid too.

But the way I bought mine was quite different, and I'll tell you why in a second.

First, it's a Lexus LS600hL.

If you google that, you'll find it is the flagship of the Lexus range and the most highly technologically developed car in the world. 

Beatle Paul McCartney has one. 

The King of Norway has one.

And now little ol' me :) 

I bought it nearly new a year ago. And here's how my evaluation process worked back then, as it does now...

- I sat in it. 
- I drove it several miles in growing astonishment. 
- I fell instantly in love with it, and, 
- I wanted it.

The only calculations were to make sure my bank balance could stand the purchase.

And nearly one year later I have zero regrets. It is by far the best car I've driven, and I have been behind the wheel of a lot of exotic vehicles.

When YOU buy your next car after winning your upcoming lottery game, don't do it by numbers.

1. Don't run a checklist or check the engine. (I've bought several of my cars without lifting the bonnet!)

2. Forget the economy figures.

3. Don't consider what others think (they'll always be jealous of a Ferrari!)

Instead, feel the passion.

Smell the new leather, sink into the lush seats, caress the walnut and leather wheel, listen to the muted hum of the powerful motor wafting you along the road at unimaginable speed, hear the tires humming quietly on the pavement, watch the gentle glow of the instrument panel and the needles that sweep in unison over the luminated dials.

Imagine the smiles on your friends and family's faces as they share in the fun of being in one of the best cars on the planet, driven by you.

When you have the money, buy what you love.

The payback is immense. You'll never regret it.

Because life is too short to have regrets. 







Happy Winning!
Ken Silver

P.S. The fun starts when you acquire the perfect lotto system - mine.


>>  Take the free Quiz - could YOU be the next Lotto Millionaire?
>> Subscribe to my free Lotto-Tips newsletter
>> Send this post  to a friend