Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The One Trait All Winners Possess






I'm in the business of winning.

So I'm always interested in winners, and how they achieved their vision.

And in the years of reading, talking and watching, I believe I have the answer to why winners - in all areas of life - succeed.

The answer is simply this: They stick to their game.

Look at the huge succeeders in life. You will see, time after time, they have stuck to their knitting. 

They have taken one area of life that they're good at, and relentlessly kept at it.

When times are tough, they simply redouble their efforts. When most people give up - after being misdirected by the media, their friends and advisors - these super-winners ignore the facts, and make their own reality.

There are no 'overnight successes.' The successful have usually been battling on for years - decades even, before their efforts pay off.

Are you an Amazon junkie? Remember founder and owner Jeff Bezos? It took him 8 years before he turned a profit. And now Amazon is a colossus among retailers, online or offline.

In my own field - newspapers, Rupert Murdoch started as a pimply apprentice in his teens. Notwithstanding the fact that he took over his father's paper, Rupert made good by pressing on year after year. Now, several decades later, he controls much of the world's media.

There's more winners than you can name... Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, Warren Buffet. They all capitalized on their strengths and put years of continuous effort into achieving greatness.

And of course, lotto's no different. 

The winners here are the persistent.

Most of us want instant riches. The reality is that it takes much consistent effort to get there. But every time you play your game, the rules of perseverance increase, and the odds of chance reduce.

Together they accelerate your winning possibilities.

My mother is fond of telling a baby story about me. 

One day, when I was still crawling, she recites, I decided I wanted to get to an open door to the outside.

"No!" she commanded. And again, "no," when I didn't take any notice.

Many times she scolded me and put me back in the room.

Turns out that even when I was blue in the face with crying and exasperation, I still persisted. 

And won.

Maybe you have a story like that. (Then for goodness sake implore your mother to stop telling it :-)

But joking aside, you'll understand the possibilities and rewards of perseverance.

You may not be destined for greatness, but you'll do better than 99% of the world.







Happy Winning!
Ken Silver
 


>>  Take the free Quiz - could YOU be the next Lotto Millionaire?
>> Subscribe to my free Lotto-Tips newsletter
>> Send this post  to a friend