Friday, April 28, 2006

I Found Money In My Sock

I went to an osteopath yesterday. In case you didn't know, osteopaths treat you for body pains. I had twisted my neck and I was hoping they could fix it. Part of the treatment was to remove my shoes and lie on their plinth for remedial massage, and while I was doing that I felt something unusual in my sock.

When I got home and removed my sock, imagine my surprise when I found a five cent piece in it. Now where did that come from? I have no idea.

It made me think how much money we have around us without actually knowing it. Have you looked in and under your sofa lately? What about behind the seats of your car? In the pockets of your suit hanging in the wardrobe?

I've often been amazed how much spare cash I could find with a little bit of searching.

Why not do a search around your house and see how much extra you can come up with? Then add it to your regular weekly lotto investment and see how many extra tickets you can buy. You may get a surprise!